1. Notice to User. By downloading and/or installing and/or embedding the licensed font software ("webfont") distributed exclusively by P22 (and/or Hamilton Wood Type Foundry, International House of Fonts, Lanston Type Company, or P22 type foundry) in any HTML websites or webpages ("Websites"), You ("End User ") agree to be bound by the terms and conditions of this End User License Agreement ("EULA"). This EULA, in conjunction with the receipt (“Receipt”) that accompanies each purchase from P22, constitutes the complete agreement (“Agreement”) between the End User and P22. If you do not wish to be bound by this Agreement, you are denied permission to access, use or download this licensed webfont.
Font software – coded software that generates typeface and /or illustration designs when used with the appropriate hardware or software plus any and all data including documentation provided with such software.
End User – You, or the company or entity you represent, purchasing this license and bound by the End User License Agreement (EULA)- a legal agreement defining the allowable uses of the font software.
Website – Group of related webpages organized under a particular domain name, including subdomains in which the content is under the direct control or management of you, the End User. A website can be viewed either over a local area network or the internet.
Pageviews – The number of requests to load a single webpage of each of your websites. Pageviews must have the ability to be tracked or recorded by a commonly accepted or recognized web statistics tracking system
License Extension–An additional license that permits/allows the use of the font software for uses not covered by this webfont license. Information can be found at http://www.p22.com.
2. Grant of License. Upon payment in full, P22 grants you a non-exclusive, non-assignable, non-transferable (except as expressly permitted herein) license, to use the P22 distributed licensed webfont as follows:
• Within the web environment for stylizing HTML pages only
• Using the @font-face selector in CSS files, limited to one domain (url) specified by the Licensee at the time of purchase and which is owned or under direct control of the Licensee.
• Websites for personal or business purposes in accordance with the number of pageviews indicated at the time of purchase.
Under this license you agree to do the following:
1. Copyright, comments and legal information cannot be removed, altered or added to the webfont code.
2. The webfont must be adequately secured and other websites may not have access to the webfont for displaying content, including hotlinking or direct access via web server integration or other.
3. End User must use the webfont provided within the P22 webfont package at the time of purchase as is. Modifications are prohibited.
4. End User must use the original name of the licensed webfont, including any trademark, on the website when identifying the webfont.
5. End User must include the entire commented header in the provided CSS file.
6. You must contact P22 to purchase a license extension in the event that the number of pageviews for the licensed webfont is exceeded.
Under this license, you agree not to:
• Use conversion or editing tools on the licensed webfont.
• Use the licensed webfont with technologies other than @font-face, such as sIFR or Cufón, is not allowed under this license.
• Link to the full OpenType font designed for desktop installation.
• Integrate the licensed webfont within any live or interactive text applications that allow users to create, edit or modify text, including, but not limited to PDF documents, pre-press services, image files, merchandising uses such as stationery and personalized products or for any printing purposes. Licensing extensions are available directly from P22 for these uses.
• Distribute and or sublicense:
- To a third party, sold, transferred or distributed unless by an authorized P22 webfont reseller.
- Make available as a download, including any type of file sharing.
- Use the webfont on social networking sites, such asFacebook, Twitter, Pinterest and other blogging sites.
-Use within any other web application.
-Use within a design tool.
Other usage licenses for desktop use and special licensing uses such as mobile apps, eBooks and ePubs, video gaming, MAC/PC software, games and product creation websites are not covered by this agreement and require a special license directly from P22 or an authorized P22 font reseller. For more information: www.p22.com
3. Back-up. One copy of the font software may be made for back-up and archival purposes only. The End User is responsible for the back-up copy.
4. Transfer of License and Technology Partner. Licensee may temporarily provide the webfont to a website developer or other agent who is working on behalf of the Licensee, only if they agree to use the Font exclusively for Licensee’s work, agree to the terms of this Agreement, and retain no copies of the Font upon completion of the work. Licensee may not otherwise distribute the licensed webfont to third parties or make the licensed webfont publicly accessible except by embedding or linking in accordance with this EULA. Licensee may not otherwise distribute, rent, lease, sublicense or give the licensed webfont to third parties or make the webfont publicly accessible except by embedding or linking in accordance with this EULA.
6. Font Modification. The font may not be modified without the written consent of P22. The modified font software may not be sold or distributed, unless under special arrangement and consent of P22. You may not use the font software to create derivative formats.
7. Copyright/Ownership. This software and accompanying documentation are copyrighted and contain intellectual property information owned by P22 and protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA), 17 USC Â§ 512. You may not make or distribute copies of the licensed webfont or accompanying documentation except as expressly provided herein without the express written consent of P22.
8. Disclaimer and Limited Warranty. P22 warrants the Product to be free from defects in materials and workmanship under normal use for a period of twenty-one (21) days from the date of delivery as shown on Receipt. If the webfont does not perform substantially in accordance with the pertaining documentation, P22’s entire liability and the Licensee’s exclusive remedy as to a defective product shall be, at P22’s option, either the refund of the purchase price or the replacement of any such product that is returned to P22. The Licensee must provide an invoice to make such a warranty.
THE SOFTWARE AND ACCOMPANYING WRITTEN MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED “AS IS”, WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, AND P22 SPECIFICALLY DISCLAIMS THE WARRANTIES OF FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND MERCHANTABILITY. IN ADDITION, P22 DOES NOT MAKE ANY REPRESENTATIONS REGARDING THE USE OR THE RESULTS OF THE USE OF THE SOFTWARE OR THE WRITTEN MATERIALS IN TERMS OF CORRECTNESS, ACCURACY, RELIABILITY, CURRENTNESS OR OTHERWISE. THE ENTIRE RISK AS A RESULT OF THE PERFORMANCE OF THE SOFTWARE IS ASSUMED BY THE USER.
9. Construction. This agreement is governed by and constructed in accordance with the laws of the State of New York. All disputes between P22 and the End User, whether or not arising hereunder, shall be conducted within the courts and jurisdiction of the Eastern District Court, New York.
Please register your fonts. If you have purchased your font(s) directly from P22, you have been automatically registered. If you ordered your font from an authorized P22 reseller, please keep a record of the time and place of the purchase.
10. Termination. P22 reserves the right to terminate this agreement immediately if you (the End User) fail to comply with the terms set forth in this agreement. Upon termination, you must remove the font software and back-up copy from all devices
©2013 P22 type foundry, Inc., all rights reserved.
For further information: http://www.p22.com
Can’t decide on which fonts you like? Typecaster gives you the freedom to test out and compare fonts before you buy them. Simply browse fonts, add them to the typecaster and start setting your composition.
Your typecaster is empty!Start Browsing