Thinking in Script, A Letter of Thanks from Edward Johnston to Paul Standard, 26 April–5 May 1944.
Paul Standard named Edward Johnston as “The great exemplar of modern calligraphy, the link between all scribes living and departed.” With this auspicious introduction, it is no wonder that Standard became Johnston’s chief benefactor in later years, heading a fund drive to save Johnston from destitution in his infirmity.
Johnston’s letter of thanks became one of Standard's cherished possessions and is here recaptured in a beautiful duotone facsimile. This letterpress-printed book also includes a transcription of the letter and a list of noted contributors to Johnston's fund.
• 9.25" × 9.75"
• 52 pages
• Printed letterpress with doutone offset reproductions
* Mohawk Superfine paper stock
• Perfect bound in tan cover stock with red ink
• Publishered by Melbert B. Cary, Jr. Graphic Arts Collection, Rochester Institute of Technology
• Printed at the Stinehour Press
• Designed by Jerry Kelly
• 1000 copies
|Thinking in Script Book (List 29.95) Sale - $14.95