P22 Blox is a set of modular letterpress printing blocks made from space age material—plastic! It allows for a wide variety of lettering, experimental letterforms and pattern making, giving printers an entirely new medium to inspire modern presswork. This project was created as a collaboration between P22 Analog and Starshaped Press in Chicago.
The initial P22 Blox sets were delivered in early 2016. A limited second run of P22 Blox was made in June 2016. Supplies are limited. The Blox are injection molded in Upstate New York using Thermo Plastic Elastomer (TPE).
PLEASE NOTE: Due to their popularity we are currently out of both the 264 and 90 piece sets of Blox. We are currently manufacturing the third run and they will again be available in the near future. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to be notified when they are available.
• P22 Blox are 72 point (6-line or 1") and are made of plastic.
• There are positive and negative shapes for overlay options.
• P22 Blox contains enough variants to form any letters, numbers or abstract patterns.
• Blox features tight edges so the solids (both positive and negative sets) can be locked up as continuous artwork,as is the intention of wood type ’streamer’ fonts.
• Standard 6-line furniture and spacing can be used for additional lockup.
• Each block is 1" x 1" x .918" with a tolerance of +/- .003 inch.
There are two boxes to choose from: 90 pieces or 264. Either option offers unlimited possibilities for design.