P22 Blox is a set of modular letterpress printing blocks made from space age material—plastic! It allows for a wide variety of lettering, experimental letterforms and pattern making, giving printers an entirely new medium to inspire modern presswork. This project was created as a collaboration between P22 Analog and Starshaped Press in Chicago.
The initial P22 Blox sets were delivered in early 2016. A limited second run of P22 Blox was made in June 2016. Supplies are limited. The Blox are injection molded in Upstate New York using Thermo Plastic Elastomer (TPE).
• P22 Blox are 72 point (6-line or 1") and are made of plastic.
• There are positive and negative shapes for overlay options.
• P22 Blox contains enough variants to form any letters, numbers or abstract patterns.
• Blox features tight edges so the solids (both positive and negative sets) can be locked up as continuous artwork,as is the intention of wood type ’streamer’ fonts.
• Standard 6-line furniture and spacing can be used for additional lockup.
• Each block is 1" x 1" x .918" with a tolerance of +/- .003 inch.
There are two boxes to choose from: 90 pieces or 264. Either option offers unlimited possibilities for design.